Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Can Haz Lolcats?

Since the start of this blog, I have had a topic in mind that brings me great joy that I would like to share. I feel that now is a good time to present it.

As silly as it sounds, when I'm feeling down, my day is brightened by Lolcats.

What, you may ask, are Lolcats? Simply, they are pictures of cats that make you lol. More specifically, they are pictures of cats in dubious situations with witty captions added on to enhance your lol.

Here is an example:

You can find an extensive collection of other amusing pictures at Icanhascheezburger.com. Icanhascheezburger.com is the website that started the craze when it went up in early 2007, according to Wikipedia.org.

Lolcats isn't limited to just cats. Pictures of rodents, birds, and other random animals pop up every so often. Ihasahotdog.com was created after the popularity of the lolcats to give loldogs a home.

As I mentioned before, all of these pictures are captioned, whether they be kitty, dog, or another variety. However, the lolcats have a language all their own. It's best described as poorly spelled, shortened English (as seen in the picture above). To help you brush up on your lolspeak at the Definitive Lolcats Glossary website.

Let me know how you like these sites!

(Picture courtesy of Icanhascheezburger.com)

2 comments:

Matt Brown said...

I can't say that I approve of the techno-language, because it reminds me too much of AIMing in highschool, but this one got me laughing.

Matt Brown said...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-shakespeare-ape.jpg