Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sit, Stay, Enjoy

Looking for some fur-filled movies to enjoy this weekend? I have some suggestions.

I wanted to list out some great animal movies that I've enjoyed since I was young, but I realized I need to limit myself to just dog movies this time since there are so many choices for animal movies.
  • Milo and Otis: Obviously this movie wasn't done with a huge budget but it's endearing none the less. Dudley Moore narrates the entire movie and does all the voices. The story follows an adventurous kitten named Milo who finds himself drifting down a river with only his Pug puppy friend, Otis, to find him. Four out of five bones.
  • Fluke: Kind of a strange premise for this movie. A man dies in a car accident and is reincarnated as a Golden Retriever puppy. He then goes on a mission to find his family and, once he does, tries to think of a way to tell them who he is. Three and a half out of five bones.

  • Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey: Probably a movie we all watched as kids. This story follows an older Golden Retriever, an American Bulldog, and a Himalayan cat as they trek through the mountains to get home after mistakenly thinking their owners have forgotten them. Four out of five bones.
  • 101 Dalmatians: A Disney classic that can't be beat. Pongo and Perdita go in search of their puppies after they're stolen by the evil Cruella De Vil. This movie has been done in both an animated version and a live-action remake in 1996. Four and a half out of five bones.
  • I Am Legend: Something a little newer for the list. Not only is this movie an awesome sci-fi thrill ride, there is also a touching friendship between Robert Neville and Sam, a German Shepherd. This bond proves that dogs are man's best friend. Five out of five bones.

Enjoy a dog-filled weekend!

(Picture courtesy of pugs.nl)

1 comment:

We Love Pets said...

When I read this article I am very happy. I really want this information. Thanks for this great information! Very informative, and I think you have answered the question I was looking for. Thanks for this great information! Very informative, and I think you have answered the question I was looking for. It’s very useful information for whom who loves their pets. Thanks for sharing.