Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lesson Learned

Two nights ago, I tried to plug my phone in to charge it. No go...
Upon closer inspection, I found that my cat had chewed through the wire. I tried to reconnect the wire, but only got blue sparks.

So, I went to the mall and went to the T-Mobile store. I explained my problem to the clerk and he pulled out his own phone. He showed me where his cat had chewed his phone. The back was covered in teeth marks.

This made me wonder cats chew. Everyone knows that dogs chew things, but you expect cats to just eat your plants not to do serious damage.

On WIKIhow.com, I found that cords seem to be a cat's number one choice for things to chew on. A piece of wire to a cat is an extremely desirable toy.

A useful resource for cheap and easy ways to kitty proof your cords, check out stretcher.com.

Finally, I found information that went beyond cord chewing to other chewing problems with cats at about. com.

Hopefully, if you're having problems with your cat chewing, some of these resources will offer some advice.
(Picture courtesy of jupiterimages.com)

1 comment:

Matt Brown said...

That cat looks more like an alien life-form...or highly evolved. Either way it's scary looking. As for the chewing tendency, I'll warn my girlfriend that her spawn...I mean kitten could pose problems for her pretty little cords.