Monday, February 11, 2008

Doggy Boutiques Offer Furry Fashion

After my last post about this year's fashionable pooches, I think it is only fitting to take a look at another fashion in the pet-owning world: doggy boutiques.

I first heard about this trend when the Three Dog Bakery opened. The bakery was started to offer an alternative to Milk-Bones and rawhides for our dogs. The bakery uses all-natural ingredients and the treats are made in the healthiest way possible.

Now, the fashion has expanded to include shops dedicated entirely to our four-legged friends. These boutiques go beyond traditional pet stores to offer brand name clothes, collars, dishes and decor for both dogs and cats.

Here in Fort Collins, we have Wagz of Colorado, a boutique full of pet products located a half of a block north of Mountain Avenue on the east side of College.

I've visited this boutique a few times and have always enjoyed shopping there. They have a plethora of cute dog beds and unique toys. I was even surprised to see cat products. I'm always looking for things my cat needs...or rather gifts I want to shower her with when she probably couldn't care less...and seeing how much they offer for cats made me reach for my wallet.

While you do have to pay the boutique prices for these items, you're guaranteed to find whatever you need to properly pamper your pet. If you are in Old Town, this stop is a must for every dog or cat owner if only to see what a pet store should look like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is the cutest store ever! I love going in there, and I don't even HAVE a pet to shop for!

thatguy said...

yeah i don't know if there are any local brewers that have a beer like that out now, but if you do to Wilbers and ask them for advice on Framboise or Lambic beers they are great.
by the way it's nice to see that bulldogs are back on top i think they are some of the best dogs you can have. are you going to cover the kennel club dog shows?